FOCUS ON NO-TILL
Growing crops without tilling the soil has proven to be better for the land, more profitable for farmers, and causes the least environmental impact of any production method. No-till farming is the only known method that halts the ancient problem of soil erosion and degradation wrought by tillage. Because of the soil processes involved, no-till (with adequate crop diversity and plentiful mulch on the soil surface) is the only cropping system that can be called ‘sustainable’ with any veracity.
Pinnacle Crop Tech’s consulting services smooth the transition for producers who often have had tillage indoctrinated in their thoughts and farming practices since they were small children. Further, Pinnacle endeavors to continually improve the methods for no-tillage cropping systems, and to assist growers in implementing the latest techniques and addressing new challenges as they arise.
Pinnacle’s Crop Health Workshop
AGRONOMY ESSENTIALS WORKSHOP
- Questions on how to go about something in no-till?
- What to cut and what to spend on?
Chances are your hosts, will have experience and/or research on it.
Piecing together a profitable & truly sustainable no-till
What we cover:
- Solid assessments of what to emphasize and what to ignore for crop inputs for no-till.
- The evidence of why we recommend what we do.
- Improving no-till practices over the long-term for your farm, such as cover crops (where appropriate), preserving more mulch, reducing compaction, regaining productivity.
What Pinnacle Clients Are Saying
“A farmer gets bombarded with all these
things – do this, do that. You’ve been
instrumental in giving us a baseline of
what to do and when. I’ve sure learned a
lot working with you, especially from
some of your events like the Seeding
School. You’ve contributed admirably to
your profession. Thank you for your
consults and your patience in bringing us along.”